Happy 30th Birthday to me! I have been dreading this day since I turned 29! I have really been stressed about saying good bye to my twenties. It is the first time I actually felt like I was getting old. For the first time, I felt as if my biological clock was in overdrive and that the clock was ticking away and reminding me of all of the things that I should have accomplished by now. The best thing about turning 30 this year is that David surprised me with a trip to St. John, USVI! Man, do I love him to pieces! Trunk Bay here we come! The next best thing about turning 30 this year is that Black Friday is on my birthday! Yes!!! What a way to celebrate the big 3-0! In honor of turning 30, here is a list of 30 Things that I plan on doing in Year 30 of my life!
1. Read more books.
2. Finish wedding album. (I have been married for almost 18 months and still have not finalized the final draft of our album.)
3. Invite parents over for a home-cooked meal. (I have never invited my parents over for dinner. David and I usually end up at their house or we meet for dinner out.)
4. Catalog everything in my closet. ( I desperately need to take pictures of every clothing item I have and organize into an app.)
5. Reorganize my closet. (It started off being nicely organized by color but as quickly gotten mixed up.)
7. Start a Pinterest account.
8. Visit a local winery,
9. Visit the Fine Arts Museum in St. Petersburg.
10. Make sushi at home with my David.
11. Decorate walls at home with more fun prints.
12. Go back to yoga. (It has been almost three months since I have busted out my yoga mat, which is far too long.)
13. Finish wedding scrapbook and shadow boxes.
14. Make homemade pasta.
15. Go to a drive-in movie.
16. Take advantage of the free gym in my apartment complex.
17. Buy a second pair of Christian Louboutins. (Sorry, I’m not sorry David!)
18. See snow. (I have actually only seen snow twice in my life.)
19. Attend a BYOB Paint Studio.
20. Attend a pottery class.
21. Visit Italy (Year 30 is the time to go to Italy before David and I start working on a family. Endless wine and cheese here we come!)
22. Bring home fresh flowers weekly.
23. Wear shorts more. (I always think I look terrible in shorts, but I need to embrace my legs more.)
24. Watch less TV. (I record more shows on the DVR than I ever have time to watch and when I do I end up binge watching shows and ignore David.)
25. Hang out with my nieces and nephews more.
26. Improve my Spanish-speaking skills.
27. Host a dinner party for friends.
28. Eat more organic foods.
29. Indulge in a staycation with David.
30. Unplug for 24 hours.
Wish me luck,