Now that Fall is officially here, dressing for it while living in a warm-weather climate can be a challenge. Living in Tampa, I am desperate to break out sweaters and booties. The reality of that is that I would melt by lunch. It is all about light layers and Fall colors. I love burgundy, orange, gray, black, hunter green, and leopard as a nice pop of color. Leopard is a print that I will never get enough of. I was immediately drawn to this cardigan because not only is it leopard, but it is ombre leopard. It also helped that it is only $25. It is the perfect light-weight layer for Tampa. We do not get seasons here. We just get warm, hot, and hotter. I however, am always cold, so I like keeping a light-weight cardigan in my bag to throw on over a a tank or cami when I get cold. This leopard cardi is perfect for that. It looks good with jeans, over dresses, and will be a staple in my closet year round.
Cardigan: Nordstrom Rack I also like this, this and this.| Jeans: Abercrombie | Orange Tank: Old H&M; Similar | Shoes: Charlotte Olympia | Bag: Gucci | Belt: Gucci | Sunglasses: Celine | Lipstick: So Chaud
Here I break down 10 items to incorporate into a Fall-like wardrobe while still dressing for summer weather that can easily transition when the weather actually cools down. Everything can be mixed and matched together to create multiple different outfits.
- Tissue Turtlenecks – I love these from J. Crew and have a few in different colors. They literally are as thin as tissue without being sheer and very easy to layer.
- Leopard Flats – I love leopard anything, but I love them even more when they are in the form of shoes. I have these, and they are so comfortable. These will jazz up any outfit. They can we worn as normal flats or as mules with the convertible back. I just wear them normal.
- Distressed Denim Jacket – This belongs in everyone wardrobe. Wear with jeans, skirts, dresses, etc. See how I styled it here.
- Lace Camis – I own these in a few different colors and wear them often. They are perfect to layer under sweaters, cardis, and denim jackets.
- Distressed Denim – I cannot get enough of distressed denim. Most of all of my jeans have some distressing. I prefer a dark wash that is high-waisted. They are super flattering, they suck you in, and if you are short like me they make you appear taller.
- Maxi Dresses – I have this dress and love it! Maxi dresses in a Fall color will take you from day to date night and will keep you cool. Wear with flats during the day and pair with heels for date night. See how I styled this maxi dress here.
- Printed Cardigan – I love this Aztec-printed cardigan. It also comes in white, too. I knew I would get the most wear out of the black one because it will go with everything. I will wear pair it over the lace camis, tissue turtlenecks and with jeans. It is super light-weight and has three-quarter length sleeves.
- Black High-Waisted Skinny Jeans – These are BOMB! They are supper stretchy but do not stretch out by the end of the day. They hold their shape and really suck everything in. These are a staple in my closet.
- Anything Velvet – I love velvet anything, especially in shoes and bags. It adds a nice texture pop to any outfit. I love these shoes especially that they are green and are super comfortable. See how I style velvet here.
- Anything Camo – Aside from leopard, camo is my favorite print. You do not have to spend alot of money on camo. It is sold everywhere. My favorite way to wear camo is in the form of shirts.
Thanks for reading,